News:

Huge spam cleanup. I hope, everything important is still in place. :-)

Main Menu

tilt after moving territory

Started by Larissa, December 29, 2007, 05:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larissa

Hello,

I have alread moved some isles and terrain from my custom map.. and after i it all i see with UO inside that CETRED buged all moved places..

Befor

After

So.. my question is:

How i fix it? its a bug or i do something wrong?  

what i need to do to remove the shadows and tilt from the map.. im very tired to fix it.. and im very tired to remake my map with this program.. i need to do much things only to move a territory.. could be a lot easy..

anyway..

i will be glad if anyone help me..

Thanks

Hitman

Is there anything wrong except for the garbage left behind where (one half of) the island has been moved from? If that's the only problem you can (and should) easily fix that by using the large scale command again, and fill the area with water tiles (terrain, not statics!) and also set the whole area to the same Z value (probably -5). That should be possible with just a few clicks.

Larissa

there is a LOT bugs... see this picture.. i maked all bugs with red color..

and i fill already the area with water tiles (terrain, not statics!).. i will try again with the right  Z value... i hope it works..

but there is a lot more.. and the others little bugs arent statics things.. they are like a shadow from the old isles.. if you go there ingame seems be to all alright but when you see it by UO inside or MAYBE by uo map than appears this garbage map..  :(

HELP :o !

Hitman

You could also try cleaning up the statics. (see this topic)

nazghul

Sounds for me as if InsideUO etc. are loading the *.dif files, what contain small "fixes" OSI applied to their map. And that CentrEd (and your client) does not do this

Give it a try, and remove the *.dif files from your UO directory, or tell InsideUO not to read them

Galdar

I have the same issue...

I use a totaly custom map, with empty DIF files. I have used the StaticsDefrag aswell....

The static "ghosts" still appear in a "Inside UO" map viewer showing where the landmass used to be befor a move.

Anymore ideas ?

Thanks

Hitman

No idea ... if it doesn't appear ingame I would say it's maybe a bug in InsideUO. I will check their source sometime ... maybe I can "fix" it then (either on their or on my part).

Galdar

This is a CED issue.....

I have tested the same move using "UOCopy" and "WorldForge" an the ghost statics don't appear.

Hitman

But still: does *anything* appear ingame? Or is InsideUO the only problem?

Hitman

After checking the source of InsideUO I think I found the problem. I will fix it in upcoming versions of cedserver and will release a "repair" program. It is still mainly a problem of InsideUO, since it doesn't correctly check staidx entries - it only checks their size, not where they point to, which is a bit sloppy in my eyes. But since it was also a bit sloppy on my part to not set it to zero I'll "fix" it nonetheless ;-)