News:

Huge spam cleanup. I hope, everything important is still in place. :-)

Main Menu

0.6 related bugs

Started by TechnoTroll, December 22, 2009, 10:45:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechnoTroll

Guess I'll just list them all in one topic.

After a quick stroll around 0.6 I stumbled on two things.

First, when moving with the directional arrows around I and others from our team experience flickering screens. Might be due to the new rendering method. (Does not manifest in flat mode)

Also, some of the tiles are rendered differently now, resulting in floor tiles placed under roofs now sticking out from underneath the roof. Might be that the rendering shows them properly now and we placed them wrongly before that?

(Many thanks for the z increase fix!)

TechnoTroll

The flickering things happens when using the F4 function as well. Flickers every time you click using F4.

Hitman

Quote from: "TechnoTroll"First, when moving with the directional arrows around I and others from our team experience flickering screens. Might be due to the new rendering method. (Does not manifest in flat mode)
Did that happen in 0.5 too?

Quote from: "TechnoTroll"Also, some of the tiles are rendered differently now, resulting in floor tiles placed under roofs now sticking out from underneath the roof. Might be that the rendering shows them properly now and we placed them wrongly before that?

I modified the render order a bit since in some cases CentrED did it different from UO. For example a water tile on Z=2 did render "behind" a wall on Z=0 whereas UO overlaps it in that case.
It would be very nice if you could check that particular scenario you described in the UO client. If it renders different, please let me know and if possible give me the tile ids and at what Z level they are.

TechnoTroll

Set the team on the tile thing, will try to post a list as soon as possible.

And no, the flickering did not happen in the 0.5

Hitman

I think I found the problem with the tiles. My previous sort conditions were correct but applied in a wrong way. Additionally the server didn't always recognize tile changes (for example when raising and lowering a tile again ... it changes the sort order but the server didn't see that). This had the consequence that the server didn't save such sort order changes and thus the uo client never sees them.
Both will be fixed (hopefully without introducing new side-effects :-/).

Thanks again for reporting that!