News:

Huge spam cleanup. I hope, everything important is still in place. :-)

Main Menu

Client 4.0 Bugs...

Started by Sharlenwar, September 12, 2008, 03:37:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharlenwar

Heya Dev Team,

Here are some bugs that we found with your 4.0 client, not sure if you found them or fixed them as I don't see them listed. So here they are:

Items found by using the filter - and keeping the filter on while selecting them can crash the program with an access violation error.
Searching items with the filter but deleting the filter will not crash it. Scrolling down to the item to select it will not crash it.

Filter Slide - Using the increment up and down by one does not. After using the up/down and then you touch the slide again, the number reverts back to the last number actually slid to. ie- slide to 40. Press up button till you see 50 (it is not clipping) click the slide again and the number drops back to 40. But I think you addressed this already Hitman.

When changing color and scrolling down to search - on the old version if your mouse slipped you could click again and it would still be at the last scrolled place even though the color was still set to 0 (So you can continue your search for a color) the new version automatically places you to the last color actually set. A tad annoying.  :lol:

Nobby

Had the AccessViolation problem - 4.1 client, standard OSI map, static and art tiles. I was using the "virtual layer" tool

Edit: Just had the same, and it keeps repeating itself - I start the client, search the tile list for "roof", select one of the tiles and WHAM! Instant access violation.
The same map static and art files as above (standard OSI stuff)

Hitman

I can confirm the filter related crash on win32 and will try to isolate and fix it.

What about the Virtual Layer - can you reproduce it on certain coordinates?

Nobby

I'm don't think so - right now I'm fairly certain that it has something to do with the tile search and select more then the v-layer - it may well have been that I set up the layer and than searched for a specific tile when the whole thing crashed.

Tomorrow, when I get home from work I'll try and get some more info together.

Nobby

Ok, had a little time in the morning so I made this //http://rapidshare.com/files/145387193/ced.7z.html

The server initializes a bit long (50s) but that's due to the recording software used.

However it's almost always like this (at least on my laptop and desktop PCs)