News:

Huge spam cleanup. I hope, everything important is still in place. :-)

Main Menu

Backup

Started by Tare, March 23, 2009, 04:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tare

I would like a function via comandline or CentrED-client (only Admin) to BackUp all Files in a subdirectory the CedServer. Would mean to stop the CedServer for a while, copy the files of CedServer into the subdirectory, and start the CedServer again. I would prefer the option via CentrED-client.

Hitman

I think what might come in more handy would be a snapshot system. The addition to a simple backup would be, that you could revert to a certain snapshot anytime. I hope I have the time to do this anytime soon.

Tare

Well I dont no if a Snapshot works how i would need it. My intention was to download the files of CedServer to my harddrive for backup. Because the files aren't that small to download them in short time, I cant do this on runtime, cause someone could login and work on Map -> backup should be corrupt. The CedServer runs on an external server, where I only have access via CentrED and FTP, so I could shut down the server via CentrED (good option), but have no chance to start it again... thats why I would need a function that stops the CedServer, create backupfiles and start on its own, so i can download the backupfiles later on.
If the Snapshotsystem enables this, it would be great :)

Jagermeister

/signed

Snapshot system would be GRRREEEEEEAAAATTTTTTTTT!