News:

Huge spam cleanup. I hope, everything important is still in place. :-)

Main Menu

export/import statics as sphere worldsave

Started by Goron, January 23, 2010, 06:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goron

You may be knowing this .. it's a pain in the ass to create statics if you are not exclusively working with CentrED.

Everytime you want to extract items from your live server (using sphere) and make them static you have to rebuild this item by item. Or, if you have multiple areas your team is working on, but you want to release a patch once you are done with one area and don't want to wait until all other areas are finished too.

At the moment I need a couple of tools to do this job:
- a Perl script to extract items flagged as static from a worldsave to a new worldsave
- a Perl script to take a statics.mul, extract all items and write them in a new worldsave (for further editing etc.)
- all worldsaves later will be merged by a combination of Perl scripts and Dragon to a new statics.mul

To get to the point: it would be great if CentrED could be enhanced so it directly export/import all statics from/to statics.mul to sphere's worldsave format and vice versa.

Later this could be enhanced to load multiple statics/worldsaves and merge them to one - or extract only a particular area.

Hitman

I can't find anything on the sphere fileformat on the fly. Do you have any more information? (it's been approximately 6 years since I last saw sphere anywhere)