News:

Huge spam cleanup. I hope, everything important is still in place. :-)

Main Menu

Landscape painting brushes

Started by Gautman, January 07, 2010, 08:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gautman

Hello.

First, I want to congrat you about CentrED, It is the best map editor around. It's a real pleasure to work with.

I am planning to use Iris 3D client, so I don't need to place transitions tiles. Consequently, I would like to get ride of Dragon, UOL and others bmp-based map making programs. I have a shard project where I will need to add and modify map areas often, so CentrED is really the kind of soft I need. I know that pure map editing is not the main focus of CentrED, but I will try anyway.  ;)

What I would like to have is a kind of "smoothing elevation brush" : If I have a zone at Z=20 and another one at Z=0, I select a 2x1 area, the lowest is moved a Z=15, the highest at Z=5. I select a 4x1 area, the first tile is moved at Z=4, the second at Z=8, the third at Z=12 and the last at Z=16. Perhaps with an option to configure the smoothing strengh. For example : if set to "lowest", I would obtain in my previous example the lowest at Z=1, the second at Z=3, the third at Z=17 and the last at Z=19.

I know it has already been rejected, but it would be nice to have "real" brushes of configurable sizes and shape (square and round) to use this feature and the ones already present.

Thanks for your time and sorry for my crappy english.

Fitingwayx

Sometimes I get knowledge about the story I find in this place.