News:

Huge spam cleanup. I hope, everything important is still in place. :-)

Main Menu

Suggestion: Static Generator

Started by Thilgon, April 20, 2009, 03:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thilgon

Hi there :)
I'm new here, and i've started to use centred only a week ago, but i really appreciate it :D

anyhow, i'm actually having an issue with a map, it's a custom map made with dragon in old felucca size(6144x4096), and i'm trying to enlarge it to ML size with the only tool i know that could do it, RadMapCopy, since no mul2bmp (to get the bmp in UOL and correct it there) worked till now...
Everything is fine if i copy over the map0.mul only, without statics. but, as i copy the statics over, Centred starts to trow errors every time i move on the map, not loading, and sometimes even on centred load itself...
So, if i want my map in ML size, i can have it, as long as i leave my statics out of it  :lol:

So, here comes my suggestion: a large scale operation, that would analyze the map and put random statics in place (shallow waters, trees, and such) on the map... this option comes useful to me, to get my map to work right, and might come useful to others that, working directly with centred, are creating an island or another big part of map, and can save much time with this random static generator feature :)

Hitman

If you regenerate the map anyway, you could use Dragon, UOL or Genesis. I think they can generate the statics as you like.

RadstaRcz

I have a bug in RadMapCopy (i don't repair this because i lose sourcecode and i lazy to rewrite new parts of code from older backup). Try another program to enlarge classic map to ML size.
//http://ultima.lonet.cz - Programs for you.

Thilgon

Quote from: "RadstaRcz"I have a bug in RadMapCopy (i don't repair this because i lose sourcecode and i lazy to rewrite new parts of code from older backup). Try another program to enlarge classic map to ML size.

are there others?  :shock:
just kidding, but i really don't know other programs that do that  :mrgreen:

turley

You could use UOFiddler, simply check in Options "New Mapsize" and rewrite map/statics

Thilgon

thanks turley :) i didn't knew it has this option...
i got the mapsize right, but i can't get the statics too... how is it done?

turley

"Defrag Statics" or "Defrag and Remove Doublicates Statics"

Fitingwayx

It is good that we have come to discuss these interesting stories.