News:

Huge spam cleanup. I hope, everything important is still in place. :-)

Main Menu

Cannot operate server

Started by tarn, April 21, 2011, 02:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarn

Hello; i've flicked through the forums and read other posts; followed guides; etc. to no luck. so i am going to make my own post.

I have my files seperated; my client runs off of c:/programfiles/eagames/uo (shorthanded directory)
My server: from a seperate pack of files nescessary for runuo server execution & operation.
My CenterED server, is pointed to yet ANOTHER set of files, located at c:\documents and sttings\user\desktop\centserv\gamefiles
My client is patched to 6.0.9.2

I input the correct directories; it generates the xml sheet (or did at one point, it hasnt since.) once i hit enter to finalize server directory/info setup, (and get to the part where the server starts), it kills. closes out. at first i thought that it might run in the background or something, but upon trying to connect, it says connection refused.
help?

thank you- tarn

Hitman

You can download a little batch file from here: http://aksdb.de/board/index.php?topic=221.msg787#msg787
Put that where your cedserver.exe is and run it. That bat file will launch cedserver, but keep the console window open when it exists, so you can see the error message. If that message doesn't help you, just post it here (rightclick the title of that console window and select Edit --> Select, then select everything and hit Enter) and I will see if I can help you :)