News:

Huge spam cleanup. I hope, everything important is still in place. :-)

Main Menu

Not working with our custom map - question to developers

Started by Contortionist, March 11, 2008, 11:44:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Contortionist

The tool is great but when we tried to use our custom map, it didn't work. The mape sizes are the same as default but something is gliching. We are not sure what it is. Maybe you could check it out and tell us how to fix it. Our map files can be downloaded here: http://www.lorienrpg.ru/rus/modules.php ... ories_id=1

Best regards,
Lorien team

Nobby

I'm no dev but I'll still try to help. Could you paste your cedserver.ini here? Without the account part ofcourse ;)

Contortionist

Okay, here it is:

[Config]
Version=2

[Network]
Port=2597

[Paths]
map=Progmap0.mul
statics=Progstatics0.mul
staidx=Progstaidx0.mul
tiledata=Progtiledata.mul
radarcol=Progradarcol.mul

[Parameters]
Width=768
Height=512

Nobby

Well one thing I think could be wrong are the filepaths - in mine these are full paths like map=d:mapamap0.mul
The problem is that I downloaded your map and statics and it doesn't work, but the problem may be my radarcol mul (I have the ML version)

Contortionist

The file path's are ok. I tried them withstandart muls and everything worked.

Demostenes

Endor Team leader, visit our web site:
http://www.endor.cz

Nobby

Yeah, so do we and it works fine. But I can't seem to launch this one... The only other time I remember this happening is when I tried to look around UO - ME (a german shard that's closed down) map.

I'd say it's really time for Hitmans expertise ;D

Hitman

The size of the map0.mul file is not correct - it is 196 bytes (1 block of cells) too small. The easiest way to fix this would be with a hex editor - just append the 196 bytes (all zero) and save the file. Then it should have the right size. If you don't feel comfortable in doing so or don't know how I can also provide you with a small "patch" for the map file - just tell me on which operating system you want to apply it ;-)

Contortionist

Thank you for your response. Indeed I was also told by other developers that my map isn't supported by most uo software because of its size. I am not really good with hexing, so if you could provide me some help, that would be great. I use Windows XP Home edition, service pack 2.

Nobby

A short manual on "how to do that" would be generally a good thing I think...

Contortionist

Hitman

I attached you the "missing data" (just a bunch of zeroes :D) and a batch file to append it to your map. Just extract the zip file to the same directory where your map0.mul is and execute the patch.bat. It will rename map0.mul to map0.bak (in case something goes wrong) and then recreate the map0.mul extended with the content of emptyblock.dat. If everything went right you can remove map0.bak, emptyblock.dat as well as patch.bat. You should also execute it only once, since the map would grow 196byte each time ;-)

Contortionist

Well, it works for radmap copy program now but still doesn't work for CentrED. Look:
[17.03.2008 15:53:14] Initializing ... Done
[17.03.2008 15:53:14] Invalid data. Check the map sizes and files.
[17.03.2008 15:53:14] Terminating ... Done

Hitman

Then please look up the size of map0.mul and staidx0.mul and post them here. It worked here with the map and statics downloaded from the link you gave me in your first post.

Contortionist

Ok, listen. I got that map working with rad map copy so I will copy the islands I need for my new map, but here is the problem again. I made a new map and exteded it to ML size (7168x4096) using Radmapcopy tool. Then I copied all the water from an empty regular sized map (felucca) using the same tool and now it shows up as ??? again (unrecognizable size), so if you could please hex fix this map, too. I would be very grateful, because this is the empty map I will be working on from now on and I will need your tool. You can download it here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/1xfozi
 there are no statics on the map yet.
Thanks in advance.