News:

Huge spam cleanup. I hope, everything important is still in place. :-)

Main Menu

...uhmm...all black O.o

Started by Fire-Dragon-DoL, November 27, 2007, 01:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fire-Dragon-DoL

First of all, Hi: i'm a scripter on sphere, however i like sometimes building...i was wondering around the net and watching sources of uo programs to learn something on how muls are decrypted or used (i really don't know a lot of things about then)...when i find out this tool.

I read that the last update date was something like 16/09/2007 or so...a very recent date for a uo tool...i hoped that works

when i read what it should do, i fell in love with it. :oops:

WHAT A GREAT TOOL! IT'S BEAUTIFUL!

i'm testing everything...however i'm having a little problem: the server started working...i can connect with the client but i see "all black"...the directory where i point it's correct...what the problem should be?

thanks again..

Fire-Dragon-DoL

ok the problem is something about "radar update" (the message that you receive on the beginning)

some times it's not launched, after some tryes it works...(i just launched the client something like 20 times and then it works, however the client doesn't wait anything so it's not a big problem doing this at moment)

Hitman

Very strange ... I have currently no idea what might be the cause. I will try to figure it out but it is always hard to find bugs which I can't simply reproduce :-/

Fire-Dragon-DoL

Quote from: "Hitman"Very strange ... I have currently no idea what might be the cause. I will try to figure it out but it is always hard to find bugs which I can't simply reproduce :-/

yes you are right, if you want i can make a "movie" of what happens and then upload it on you tube...if it's ok for you, i'll do it

Hitman

Thanks for that offer but that won't help much. I can imagine what you describe but I have no idea how I could reproduce the problem on my computer so I could track down the problem.

Fire-Dragon-DoL

Quote from: "Hitman"Thanks for that offer but that won't help much. I can imagine what you describe but I have no idea how I could reproduce the problem on my computer so I could track down the problem.

i can give you another clue

when i said actually it looks like if it doesn't load, it were right; infact if i open the screen for adding users, i can't see any user addded (and when it loads "well", the users are inside that screen)...so probably is something like a not correctly loading of the client...or a real "not loading" (just before the message "updating..bla")

Nobby

Sorry for digging up such a old topic but... I seem to have a similar problem.

CedServer starts up OK, I launch the client, connect to the server (all done on my local machine - I have some personal projects) and 8 out of 10 logons I get the "black screen, no accounts, no radar" error.

Now I know it's difficult to pinpoint the error If one can't see it or reproduce it, so I'm going to try and upload a short recording of what's going on - If I figure out a way how to ;D

Hitman

I also had that problem three or four times. I can't really reproduce it and have no idea what might be the cause. It could have something to do with packet sizes, but since it works most the time I can't really see that.

Nobby

I generally am against making CentrEd open source, but perhaps you could show the code and symptoms to some of the other smart guys - perhaps some Varan or other Nazghul ;P A few ppl may figure out what the error is.

Alrick

I have same problem, and have not yet noticed any pattern in this issue. But the first time I start CED client and connect, it's always black. I've never seen it start correctly from the first try.

What I'd like to propose is to gather as much info on this problem, as possible. This may help us to find a pattern and thus reproduce the issue. I.e. each CED user that encounters this problem should post his/her PC configuration (hardware and software).

Running CED server and client at same machine?: Yes
PC configuration: Intel C2D 2.16GHz @ 3.2 GHz, 2 Gb Corsair RAM
Operating System: Windows XP SP2
Software running: Dr Web antivirus, Daemon Tools

Additional notes: I'm getting Receive Error sometimes when I disconnect from CED server, like this: [21.05.2008 10:50:27] Error: 192.168.0.12 :: Receive Error [10054]

Nobby

This may be a bit of a problem for me - I've been changing PC's almost every day lately.

Anyway, I can already tell that there will be one and only one common point - this problem is only seen when server and client are run on the same machine. Perhaps it's a sort of sharing violation?

hujer

I had the same problem on XP but on Vista it works ok every single time.