News:

Huge spam cleanup. I hope, everything important is still in place. :-)

Main Menu

Deleting Statics

Started by wuffel, November 12, 2007, 11:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wuffel

Hi!

It's only a little, but important, question. When i remove statics with CentrED, my statics0.mul don't shrink. Is it possible, that CentrED doesn't change the size until deleting the statics, or write 0000 in the file-area where the statics were revmoved?

Übersetzung fürs deutsche, wie es gemeint war.. *g*

Kann es sein, dass die staticsX.mul nach dem Löschen von static-items nicht kleiner wird? Ursache vielleicht, dass er die datei nicht zusammenschrumpft, sondern schlichtweg alles nullt in der datei an den stellen, wo statics gewesen wären?

Hitman

That's right. This file will get fragmented over time. You could for example use MulEditor to defragment it. I'll post a commandline tool for that purpose too (maybe in one of the next versions).

Hitman

Sorry I nearly forgot to upload the defrag tool  :oops:
You can get the Linux version here and the Windows version here.

wuffel

Thx.. ;)

We push it into uosir - it works, too.. the staticfile shrinks from 9.5 to nearly 8mb ;)

XeonCim

Quote from: "Hitman"Sorry I nearly forgot to upload the defrag tool  :oops:
You can get the Linux version here and the Windows version here.

Awesome!
From 24.8 to 17.5 ^^

Yemaya

Hello again!

The windows defrag tool not works. The same problem like the centred server in the beginning. Th Window is open for 1 second, then goes down.
So I push the uosir, the staticfile shrinks.

So I had cleaned a area from trees, stones etc. and build a house. So fine.
When I am walk on the gras my char is in the amount of 0.. ist ok, but when I am go into the house (the floor is in the amount of 9) my char walk in the amount of 0. I see my Char in the Amount of 9.. normal walking, but another Player see the floor and the head of my char.
This problem is only at the area, where I had cleaned with centred.
Anyone else same problem? And what can I do?

Auf deutsch noch mal, mein Schulenglisch ist ja grausig  ;)
Zunächst einmal hab ich mit dem Defragmentierungstool das gleiche Problem wie anfänglich mit dem CentrEDserver. Heißt, das Fenster geht zwar kurz auf, aber auch gleich wieder zu.
Also dachte ich, es geht ja auch mit uosir und das Staticfile wurde kleiner. So weit so gut.
Ich hatte also einen Teil mit dem CentrEdserver von Bäumen, Steinen etc befreit. Dann ein Haus drauf gebaut und gestatict. Nun tritt folgendes Problem auf:
Solange mein Char auf normalem Boden (Höhe 0) läuft, ist alles normal. Betrete ich aber das Haus (Bodenhöhe ist dort 9) laufe ich weiter auf Höhe 0. Ig sehe ich mich dabei normal auf dem Hausboden laufen, aber andere sehen mich im Boden versunken, heißt: Sie sehen den Hausboden und den Kopf meines Chars. Umgekehrt ist das genauso, ich sehe nur den Kopf der anderen, während die sich normal sehen.
Das Problem tritt tatsächlich nur in den Häusern auf, wo ich zuvor mit dem CentrEd die Fläche 'gesäubert' habe.
Und nun bitte ne gute Idee dazu  :)
 :)

Hitman

It is a command line tool, so you better read up on that topic (the commandline is somewhat unusual in the windows world, but it exists ;-))
Regarding the other problem: from what you describe my first thought is, that you updated the map files for your client, but not for the server (RunUO, POL, Sphere, whatever emulator you use).

Sicherheitshalber auch nochmal in Deutsch: Schau dir mal die Kommandozeile (=Eingabeaufforderung) von Windows an. Dazu gibt es sicher auch ein paar Tutorials im Internet ... das ist seit DOS leider etwas aus der Mode gekommen.
Was dein anderes Problem angeht würde ich vermuten, hast du nur die Map beim Client aktualisiert, aber nicht bei deinem UO Server.

Yemaya

I don't know why, but second Problem fixed by him self ^^
Thanks for help!

Keine Ahnung, woran genau das mit den Böden und Höhen lag, aber es hat sich irgendwie von selbst gelöst ^^
Dennoch vielen Dank für die wie immer prompte Hilfestellung!

Dies Iræ

Hitman, could you post the source of Statics defrag tool?

Hitman

Ofcourse, but there is not much magic behind. It just reads block after block, writes it into a temporary stream (in memory), updates the lookups/positions in the staidx file and writes back the temporary stream into the actual statics file.

Anora

please forgive my ignorance but what is the uosir? I downloaded the defrag tool and placed it in my directory with my files but the command prompt window opens and immediately shuts. I have my CEDserver files in there and had no problem getting it up and running and love the tool.

Tare

I try to explane...
The tool is a Commandlinebased one. On execute it runs it routine and ends, so it pops up and shot down soon.
In this case you should run it from the CMD on Windows, DOS-Commands how Hitman said.
So open first the CMD: (options)
1.Navigate to the "Zubehör" -> "Eingabeaufforderung" (Dont know the english words)
2.Press the windosbutton + 'r' -> tip in "cmd" and enter
Now the CMD ist open, next step: (options)
1.tip in "cd [Path]" where [Path] stand for the Path where your StaticDefrag.exe is and enter, so the Path should be shown in next line. Then tip in "StaticDefrag.exe [statics] [staidx]" where [statics] is your static-file and [staidx] your staidx-file
2.tip in "[Path]StaticDefrag.exe [statics] [staidx]" where [Path] [statics] and [staidx] are choosen like mentioned above.
Now it should work ;)

Alternative you could create a Shortcut and set the parameters [statics] and [staidx] behind the written target.

So Anora, schön mal wieder was von dir zu hören :)
Um das Tool zu nutzen muss man mit paar Befehlen arbeiten oder eine Verknüpfung erstellen.
Für die Befehle rufst du die Eingabeaufforderung auf: (Möglichkeiten)
1.Im Zubehör die Eingabeaufforderung wählen
2. Windowstaste + r -> "cmd" eingeben und bestätigen
In der geöffneten Konsole dann folgendes: (Möglichkeiten)
1.Man gibt "cd [Pfad]" ein wobei [Pfad] für den Pfad steht wo StaticDefrag.exe liegt. Dann gibst du "StaticDefrag.exe [statics] [staidx]" ein [statics] ist die Static-Datei, [staidx] die Staidx-Datei.
Sollte dann schon erledigt sein.
2.Man gibt "[Pfad]StaticDefrag.exe [statics] [staidx] ein, die Klammern wie schon oben beschrieben

Alternativ über Verknüfung, da musste bei Ziel hinterher die Parameter, also die Dateinamen von [statics] und [staidx] eingeben, wie bei der Eingabeaufforderung.

Sollteste noch Fragen haben, meine ICQ-Nummer haste vielleicht ja noch, ich helfe gerne :)