News:

Huge spam cleanup. I hope, everything important is still in place. :-)

Main Menu

Error to open arquive "runcedserver.bat"

Started by Paulo_BR, October 22, 2007, 06:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulo_BR

I am having this error when I open the archive runcedserver.bat somebody can help me?

This image:

Thx!!

Paulo_BR

I obtained I arrange that error, more now this giving this:
he follows the image below!

Thx!

Hitman

The error probably says it all: the map size you specified doesn't match the map. If you have the ML map then the correct map size would be 896x512.

Paulo_BR

I have the map of the ML, and I look at the skill that this configured:

[Config]
Version=2

[Network]
Port=2597

[Paths]
map=C:Documents and SettingsTSADesktoptesteCentredmulsmap0.mul
statics=C:Documents and SettingsTSADesktoptesteCentredmulsstatics0.mul
staidx=C:Documents and SettingsTSADesktoptesteCentredmulsstaidx0.mul
tiledata=C:Documents and SettingsTSADesktoptesteCentredmulstiledata.mul
radarcol=C:Documents and SettingsTSADesktoptesteCentredmulsradarcol.mul

[Parameters]
Width=896
Height=512

e exactly thus continues giving that error. =/

HELP-ME!!!

Hitman

Are you sure then, that your files aren't damaged/incomplete?
Your map0.mul (given the ML map size) should be 89.915.392 byte and your staidx0.mul should be 1.835.008 byte in size.

Paulo_BR

I could open the program normal, the more floor tile with all this water, ground is not normal, ta all water?
As I put this?
Thanks

Hale

I'm getting those same errors as the guy in the first post, who also resolved the issue without sharing the answer with the rest of us!

Help please.

Hitman

Why should he share the answer again? Everything necessary can be seen in the error message: "Unable to open file ...". It's up to you to find out what's wrong: either another programs is locking the files or you just specified the wrong path.

Hale

Thanks Hitman for your insightful and limitlessly helpful response.  Silly me, I thought this forum was named "Support" for a reason.

Hitman

I gave you an answer: check if the file exists and is accessible.

Hale

First off, sorry about my 'tude Hitman.  Totally uncalled for.

Second, I got myself to the point of connecting to the server, but it kicked out that buffer error and as I read in the other post it would seem my map size isn't right.  You see, we have a custom map on my shard and I'm not sure how to go about finding out its size in tiles and blocks.  Is there an easy way to do this?  Could I use MulEditor/WorldForge to find that out or something?  Does CentrEd accept custom edited .muls and map files?  Is there an equation I could use to convert tiles to blocks?

Hitman

It's unlikely that the map has a custom size. The OSI client is strictly limited to their map sizes, so as long as you didn't "hack" it you probably still have the default map sizes. What I'm refering to in the server config  when saying "blocks" is the internal saving of the map. It is stored in so called blocks which consists of 8x8 cells/tiles. The old (pre-ML) map has been 768x512 blocks in size. That means it has been 6144x4096 tiles large. So you can freely calculate between both measurements - RunUO for example uses the size measured in tiles.
So the best thing to find out the map size is to look at the emulator you use - if you can't find it, just tell me how large (in byte ;-)) your map0.mul and staidx0.mul files are.

Hale

map0.mul = 77,070,336
staidx0.mul = 4,718,592

I've tried the default map settings as well as the map settings I've seen posted for the new ML sizes.  When I use the default map sizes it doesn't get me anywhere, but when I use the ML map sizes it gives me that buffer error!

Hitman

The posted file sizes match exactly to the original map size of 768x512. What do you mean by "it doesn't get me anywhere"?

Hale

I mean that when I input those default values and use runcedserver.bat it gives me the incorrect map size or files error, whereas when I use the 896x512 values it takes me all the way to the buffer error.