News:

Huge spam cleanup. I hope, everything important is still in place. :-)

Main Menu

How to install and to use the edition program?

Started by Elros, July 26, 2007, 06:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elros

It would like to know as I make to install and to use the land edition program and constructions... I do not understand as I make to connect in the program.

Hitman

The program consists of a server and a client. You need to have a server running and then you can connect to it with the client.
Both can be downloaded from the website.

Once you have the server, open up a console and execute the server.
(Currently the first start of the server requires to pass a command line parameter. This will be automated or at least made more user friendly in the next version.)

Dian

Having trouble too, with the command prompts for the server setup. I think I enter the paths correct, but not sure exactly what the command prompt is expecting for an input on the others.

CMD prompts:

port [2597]:    <--  is that waiting for my manual port entry? the IP adress and port? and any syntax?)

the *.mul file prompts are simple enough...

map width [768]:  <-- again.. is it waiting for my manual entry of a simple 768?
map hiegth [512]:   <-- same as above

can you give some sort of example *.ini for a 'standard' type of configuration?

Thanks, cant wait to give this thing a go, just held up on the command prompt exact entries.

Hitman

The values in the brackets [] are default values. If you just hit enter, these values will be taken. So for a default setup with the pre-ML map, just hit enter everytime. For other map sizes, google should give you a hint. But remember: the sizes are measured in blocks, not tiles. (a block consists of 8x8 tiles)

Dian

Thanks Hitman, I figured it out. The *.mul files were being read by the emu already, and the CentrED server would not load.

Yemaya

Hello, we have a problem with connecting.
After installinng CentEd  I start the launcher. I Took in Host, Username and password an the path for the datafiles and press Button ok. CentrEd tried to connect to my homserver but after this nothing more happens. Can anybody help me?

Hitman

Is the CentrED Server running on the right port and does no firewall block it?

Yemaya

Yes, no Firewall block it... and the Port is 2593.. because the IP of the homeserver is: 127.0.0.1,2593.
If I change the Portnumber, I see: Error
If I take the Portnumber 2597, looks like the same Problem about connecting.

Hitman

The port 2593 indicates that you try to connect to a RunUO Server. That won't work. You have to set up a CentrED Server. RunUO and CentrED are two different things.

Yemaya

I dont work with RunUO.. the Homeserver is Sphere 56b.
Our Scripter and our Mapper have test it yesterday with her own Homeserver (Sphere 56b too) and have the same Problem.

sedin

I think you didn't really understand: CentrED has nothing to do with RunUO, Sphere, POL or any other emulating software.
More Precisely: You don't need any programs like RunUO/Sphere/etc to use CentrED.

The things you have to do are:

- Extract and configure (You should find some more informations somewhere in this board) the "CentrED Server" and run it.
- Connect with the "CentrED Client" to your "CentrED Server"

Forget the "CentrED" <-> Emulator connection. ;)

sedin

Hitman

That's exactly what I meant. Well spoken - thanks :-)

Yemaya

Thats nice Hitman and Sedin, thanks.  ;)
But the Problem is now:
I start the CentrEd Server, the Serverwindow is opening for a half second and goes down.
When I will start the client.. error.
My cedserver.ini looks like:
[Config]
Version=2

[Network]
Port=2597

[Paths]
map=C:ProgrammeEA GamesUltima Online Mondain's Legacymap0.mul
statics=C:ProgrammeEA GamesUltima Online Mondain's Legacystatics0.mul
staidx=C:ProgrammeEA GamesUltima Online Mondain's Legacystaidx0.mul
tiledata=CProgrammeEA GamesUltima Online Mondain's Legacytiledata.mul
radarcol=C:ProgrammeEA GamesUltima Online Mondain's Legacyradarcol.mul

[Parameters]
Width=896
Height=512

[Accounts]
Sheriam=255:e8636ea013e682faf61f56ce1cb1ab5c

Hitman

I guess you are running the server on a windows machine.
Use this file to launch the server (it has to be in the same directory as the cedserver.exe and also needs to be launched from there):
http://www.aksdb.de/CentrED/runcedserver.bat
That should leave the console window open so you can see what error message occurs. I guess the files are used by another program. You should run cedserver with its own files, because it modifies them and therefore needs exclusive read/write permissions.

Yemaya

It's perfect, the Server is running now and I can see the serverwindow! Thanks for the file.
But the client can not connect. There is no special error message, only: Error connect.. connect refuse