News:

Huge spam cleanup. I hope, everything important is still in place. :-)

Main Menu

How to install on linux

Started by Eskymak, February 05, 2011, 02:32:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eskymak

Hello, i need install cedserver on linux(ubuntu), i downloaded .tgz file but i really dont know what is inside and what to do with it.

Can someone help me? :)

Thanks

Hitman

Extract it (tar xzf cedserver_linux_i386_0-6-1.tgz), then run it (./cedserver). :-)

Eskymak

in archive manager i get an error
tar:This does not look like a tar archive
tar: Skipping to next header
tar: Error exit delayed from previos errors

When i double click on archive a get this same. A downloaded file again and again, but nothing changed.

Hitman

Well, beware that it's not a .tar but a .tar.gz (or in short .tgz). You can however try to rename it to .tar.gz, maybe that helps.

Eskymak

Thanks for reply but that doesnt helped - nothing changed.

Hitman

Have you tried extracting it using the commandline (I gave you)?

Eskymak

Yes, with same effect as double click.

Hitman

I attached a freshly compiled and packed version. It's not strictly 0.6.1 but the current "tip", but it should be nearly the same (feature-wise). Beware, it's built for i686 now (which essentially means Pentium 4 or later).

Eskymak

Yes, this archive works, thank you very much.

Now i have another problem, i configured cedserver with sudo [way] --init, and i set all patch to files, with drag and drop and all patches must be OK. files is from working windows cedserver, but after configuration, i get:

[13-2-11 22:22:46] Initialization started
[13-2-11 22:22:46] Loading MapAn unhandled exception occurred at $080852A4 :
EFOpenError : Unable to open file "'/home/eskymak/cedserver/files/map0.mul' "
  $080852A4
  $08064A76
  $0804CACF
  $08048331

Where can be a problem? Is instalation directory(/home/eskymak/cedserver/) ok? i really dont know what is correct directory for apllication.

Thanks

Hitman

I have a theory, but can you show me your config file (most likely cedserver.xml) just to be sure?

Eskymak

It's strange but config file wasn't created, i tryed do configuration again but with the same results - error and no config file. I copied config file and changed file patches and i get same error onli with tiledeta.mul instead of map0.mul

[14-2-11 22:44:24] Initialization started
[14-2-11 22:44:24] Loading Map, Statics, StaIdx, Tiledata
An unhandled exception occurred at $080852A4 :
EFOpenError : Unable to open file "/home/eskymak/cedserver/files/tiledata.mul"
  $080852A4
  $08064B51
  $0804CACF
  $08048331

And used config file

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<CEDConfig Version="3">

<Port>2597</Port>

<Map>

<Map>/home/eskymak/cedserver/files/map0.mul</Map>

<StaIdx>/home/eskymak/cedserver/files/staidx0.mul</StaIdx>

<Statics>/home/eskymak/cedserver/files/statics0.mul</Statics>

<Width>768</Width>

<Height>512</Height>

</Map>

<Tiledata>/home/eskymak/cedserver/files/tiledata.mul</Tiledata>

<Radarcol>/home/eskymak/cedserver/files/radarcol.mul</Radarcol>

<Accounts>

<Account>

<Name>eskymak</Name>

<PasswordHash>idont know how is secure post a password hash on the internet</PasswordHash>

<AccessLevel>255</AccessLevel>

<LastPos x="2096" y="1840"/>

<Regions/>

</Account>

</Accounts>

<Regions/>

</CEDConfig>

Hitman

Well, I guess that's good. The config file looks correct. Are you sure, the tiledata has exactly that name? Linux filesystems are usually case sensitive, and IIRC, the original file (shipped with UO) had some upper case letters.

Eskymak

You are right, Tiledata.mul is with capital T, i corrected it in patch and first error, with map0.mul is back. Names of all other files are ok.

EDIT: Now i tryed use older version of map0.mul and its showed error with statics0.mul... i used older verison of these files too and it works (It's look like that something damaged all data files), but...

[15-2-11 13:05:12] Initialization started
[15-2-11 13:05:12] Loading Map, Statics, StaIdx, Tiledata
[15-2-11 13:05:12] Creating Cache, Tiledata, Subscriptions, RadarMap
[15-2-11 13:05:19] Initialization done
[15-2-11 13:05:19] Error: 0.0.0.0 :: Error on bind [98]: Address already in use
[15-2-11 13:05:19] Shutting down ... done

Hitman

Either another cedserver instance is running or something else runs on port 2597.
ps ax | grep cedserver should help with the first case, netstat aon | grep 2597 should help with the second case.

Eskymak

System restart helped, i think, i accidentaly lunched cedserver twice, now everything is working fine.

thank you very much for your help :)

Now i must find way how to get files from cedserver, because if cedserver running, files is not accesible. And becouse i need remote managed server, i think that only solution si using webmin. (i must find way how to add cedserver control to webmin ;D)

But, i think that better can be adding feature to cedserver, that change using one file as working and final file for download. Simply, when i hit save button in centred, server save files to another directory than working directory is and these files can be downloaded :)