News:

Huge spam cleanup. I hope, everything important is still in place. :-)

Main Menu

Connecting Problem

Started by Brighid, May 22, 2009, 05:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brighid

I'm obviously new to this, but I can't for the life of me get CentrED to connect. I keep getting the message "Connection Refused". I put in my IP and have tried several different ports, freed up the program on my firewall, uninstalled and reinstalled. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Help please? This is quite frustrating. Thanks!

(PS: the same IP and such works just fine on my Razor and RunUO.)

Tare

Well and on which port runs the CedServer?
CentrED works with his own server, not with RunUO, so you have to install CedServer, run it to set up path, port, mapsize and adminproperties and then you can connect via CentrED to the CedServer. Don't forget that the CedServer need a seperate set of mul-files where it can work on.

Brighid

Quote from: "Tare"Well and on which port runs the CedServer?
CentrED works with his own server, not with RunUO, so you have to install CedServer, run it to set up path, port, mapsize and adminproperties and then you can connect via CentrED to the CedServer. Don't forget that the CedServer need a seperate set of mul-files where it can work on.

I don't have RunUO set up with it at the same time (or anything else). I tried using the port 2597, as well as the port I use for RunUO, which is 2593. It simply will not connect. I still keep on getting the message "Connection Refused". I can connect to my friend's CED, but not create my own. I have done what you said above. I also attempted to manually set up a profile. No avail.

Sorry it took so long to respond - life happened. >.<

Tare

Hm... The only thing I could imagine would be that you dont use the Username and Password you set at the first start of CedServer

Hitman

Well - is the cedserver running? On windows you should see a console window while it runs.

Brighid

Oh, it runs. It gives me the first window, where I put in information. Once that's in, that's when I get the "connection refused" box. I know the information I'm putting in is correct. I can use it to connect to my friend's server, just not make my own! That's why it's confounding me.

Hitman

And you are sure that you don't confuse "CentrED" and "cedserver"? These are two different programs and you have to download them separately.
In case I still didn't got you right: please explain as detailed as possible, what steps you performed.

Brighid

These are screenshots of my ... well, I've lost track now of how many times I've uninstalled and reinstalled and tried to get this working. lol

Installing

First Launch

What I put in, without my info, and I've also done this without putting in a username and password as well.

The outcome, no matter what I do.

Keep in mind, I've used this exact thing to get onto my friend's CenterED and help her with the mapping using her computer for a server. This is only happening when I try and open anything on my own computer, which means ... I have no idea what, or I wouldnt' be posting for help.   :(

Thank you so much!

Hitman

That's what I thought. The point is: you don't go to "her CentrED", you go to "her cedserver".
What you have to do is: download cedserver, set it up, start it and THEN connect to it via CentrED.

Brighid

Oh! Okay, yeah she didn't tell me that part! lol I"ll try that! Thank you! I'll reply with how that goes. Thank you for your patience!  :D

Brighid

I downloaded cedserver. I followed the instructions in the PDF. I still can not get this to work. Perhaps I need CentrED for Dummies.

Vouk

A friend of mine gets the same error.

Everything worked out just fine. Until I got a new comp and Windows 7 along with it!

I still use the same firewall, I still allow cedserver to do ANYTHING but it just won't work.
It worked ONCE... and I have NO idea why.

I'm not behind a router, proxy or whatever... It's just my firewall (Win7 fw is deactivated).

Does anybody know if Windows 7 is blocking such connections? It's the only thing I can think of.
My firewall grants all the needed rights, I don't have to open up a port since I'm not behind a
router... It just won't work. I've tried to delete cedserver from my firewall program list and
allowed the connections again, but no result. (Well there was a result. A negative one)

Maybe it has something to do that I'm using the x64 version. I have no idea...

Someone has a hint?