News:

Huge spam cleanup. I hope, everything important is still in place. :-)

Main Menu

custom staidx0 sizes..

Started by Jediman, February 06, 2009, 05:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jediman

Quick Q...why doesn't CentrED allow the ability the load up a staidx0 and statics0 file set thats been generated by something like dragon, where the file size is smaller than that of OSI?
Do you have the file sizes hard coded?
I tried padding the file to the exact size of the OSI version but CentrED just 'runs out of memory' which seems unlikely on a powerful machine with 2gigs of ram!

Any thoughts?

Jediman

Er...anyone????
Seems rather silly that a utility created for the customization of UO doesn't support custom statics and staidx!

turley

statics.mul/idx has no fixed size... only mapX.mul so your problem lies somewhere else

Jediman

Thats odd.

I used my custom map, which matches the exact size of the OSI one, and threw in the OSI statics and staidx and it had loaded up ok...are you sure it would be the map size?

turley

Your statics.mul/idx shrinks/grows with every static item you add/delete, so it makes no sense to fix the size in the program.
I would guess that your static files are someway corrupt. Somewhere here in the forum there is a link to staticsdefrag maybe this tool can fix your static files.

Hitman

That's not entirely correct. statics*.mul is indeed variable in size, but staidx*.mul is not. Just like map*.mul it has to match exactly the size of the map.

Jediman

Why wouldn't staidx be variable if the statics are?
Wouldn't using the OSI staidx and then a customer statics not work well?

Hitman

That would of course not work, since the "idx" (= Index) holds references into the according mul file ... they are strictly tied together.

Jediman

Ok.

So I guess, what are my options?
I'm using a custom map, which of course has custom statics and staidx.

turley

I think we all use custom maps :)
As I already said there is somewhere a tool to fix corrupt static files.

Jediman

Now I have another problem:

C:cedserver_win32>cedserver

CentrED Server Version 0.4.0
Copyright 2008 Andreas Schneider

[2/24/2009 13:33:41] Initialization started
[2/24/2009 13:33:41] Loading Map, Statics, StaIdx, Tiledata
[2/24/2009 13:33:41] Initialization done
[2/24/2009 13:33:41] Invalid data. Check the map size and the files.
[2/24/2009 13:33:41] Shutting down ... done

C:cedserver_win32>
Map created via Dragon Mod 11. ML size @ 896 x 512.

File sizes:
Map0: 85.7 MB (89,915,392 bytes)
Statics0: 38.9 MB (40,873,984 bytes)
Staidx0: 4.50 MB (4,718,592 bytes)

Config:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<CEDConfig Version="3">
  <Port>2597</Port>
  <Map>
    <Map>C:cedserver_win32map0.mul</Map>
    <StaIdx>C:cedserver_win32staidx0.mul</StaIdx>
    <Statics>C:cedserver_win32statics0.mul</Statics>
    <Width>896</Width>
    <Height>512</Height>
  </Map>
  <Tiledata>C:cedserver_win32tiledata.mul</Tiledata>
  <Radarcol>C:cedserver_win32radarcol.mul</Radarcol>
  <Accounts>
    <Account>
      <Name>admin</Name>
      <PasswordHash>removed</PasswordHash>
      <AccessLevel>255</AccessLevel>
      <LastPos x="0" y="0"/>
      <Regions/>
    </Account>
  </Accounts>
  <Regions/>
</CEDConfig>

Jediman

Hmm, looking at a previous post "89.915.392 bytes in size and staidx0.mul has to be 5.505.024 bytes in size everything else is a sign of an incorrect working tool or some otherwise caused damages."

Looks like my Staidx0.mul is too small?
I attempted a padding of the file up to the correct size once before but it didn't work...any other thoughts?

turley

As already said your static file size depends on how many static items you have on your map and thus have no bond to your map.mul.
Maybe you should post your map0.mul,statics0.mul,staidx0.mul

And to make it clear:
your map*.mul is a file with fixed size, since every coordinate have exactly one entry in this mul
your staidx*.mul is the index file so the client knows where to look inside the statics*.mul (also fixed, cause it holds a pattern)
your statics*.mul file contains every static item on your map if you have 0 static items the size is ~0 the more items you have the bigger it gets

Jediman

You can grab a recent upload of my map + statics from:
http://realmsofvalor.com/filemgmt_data/files/ROV.zip

The statics there aren't defraged but it didn't do much in way of file size for me anyways.

turley

Either the zip file is corrupt  or my winrar does not support the compression method :)