News:

Huge spam cleanup. I hope, everything important is still in place. :-)

Main Menu

Missing Files

Started by mackintosh, June 05, 2009, 12:48:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mackintosh

Are the .lrs files for the initialize call in the Client/Tools folder missing?

Hitman

They are generated automatically by Lazarus once you start the build process.

mackintosh

Ok, thanks. I am attempting to write in the ability to not draw statics or terrain above a certain z level. I am not familiar with pascal but have an extensive programming history so I figured it shouldn't be too long of a job. I was planning to look at the layer drawing code and just not draw tiles greater then a certain Z position. This would assist in the modification of lower levels of a pre existing static building. I may be mistaken in thinking that this could not be done currently ( or there is another way of doing so ) but I see no way of editing multi level structures.

About the missing LRS files. Lazarus will not generate them if they are missing. What I had to do was change a property on each form ( I used autofill ) and then revert the change and hit the save button. The LRS files were created at that time.

I have stumbled upon a new problem though. After authenticating to the server, an error is being thrown
"Error reading sbArea.ClientHeight: Unknown property: "ClientHeight"." It seems all my TScrollBox's are throwing this.

mackintosh

I see what I want appears to be already implemented using the boundaries as a filter in the GetDrawList call.

Hitman

Quote from: "mackintosh"Ok, thanks. I am attempting to write in the ability to not draw statics or terrain above a certain z level. I am not familiar with pascal but have an extensive programming history so I figured it shouldn't be too long of a job. I was planning to look at the layer drawing code and just not draw tiles greater then a certain Z position. This would assist in the modification of lower levels of a pre existing static building. I may be mistaken in thinking that this could not be done currently ( or there is another way of doing so ) but I see no way of editing multi level structures.

Quote from: "mackintosh"I see what I want appears to be already implemented using the boundaries as a filter in the GetDrawList call.

That's correct. That is what the boundaries were added for.

Quote from: "mackintosh"About the missing LRS files. Lazarus will not generate them if they are missing. What I had to do was change a property on each form ( I used autofill ) and then revert the change and hit the save button. The LRS files were created at that time.

In my experience it should be done automatically (at least for "Build  all"). Which Lazarus version/revision did you use?

Quote from: "mackintosh"I have stumbled upon a new problem though. After authenticating to the server, an error is being thrown
"Error reading sbArea.ClientHeight: Unknown property: "ClientHeight"." It seems all my TScrollBox's are throwing this.

That's a strange problem between the windows and linux version of Lazarus. I encountered that too after opening the source in a windows environment. The easiest fix is to remove that property from the .lfm file - from within Lazarus would be best here, since then it would automatically update the .lrs file too, otherwise the error would remain.

mackintosh

What I did is delete the entire project and start over, and I ran into no issues. As far as the "missing" files I was quoting the lazarus documentation on the matter. I was using the latest download from sourceforge. The links in the readme to the treeview-unstable are outdated, they are now located in treeview-new.

I also wanted to note that using the latest repository version of all necessary libraries results in a working CentrED compile. I may have been getting the ClientHeight issues from using the wrong/out of data library versions.

Hitman

Good to know :-)
And indeed I didn't update the readme in some time, but the links here in the development forum should be valid.

Thanks for reporting back :)