News:

Huge spam cleanup. I hope, everything important is still in place. :-)

Main Menu

Not saving

Started by Witsfool, May 04, 2012, 12:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Witsfool

I have followed all the directions so far.  Editing the map went off without a hitch, but when I hit Flush.  Nothing apparently happens.
Checking the files after does not show an update in the last modified date.  And waiting for up to 10-12 minutes after hitting Flush shows no apparent result.  Will the server say anything when it finishes flushing?

Hitman

I guess you are using Windows Vista or later and have UAC turned on? In that case you should make sure that the files you edit are in a directory owned by  the user that runs cedserver - preferably inside your home directory. Otherwise the modifications simply land in the Virtual Store and are therefore invisible to other programs.

Witsfool

Aha, I saw a previous post that mentioned something about running in Admin mode.  I tried running both the server and the client in Admin mode, but the files still dont show a new date for modification.  Is there a way to turn off UAC?

EDIT:  yep, turned off the admin restrictions, and it worked like a charm.  Thank you very much