News:

Huge spam cleanup. I hope, everything important is still in place. :-)

Main Menu

phantom start?

Started by RedHammer, April 05, 2012, 07:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHammer

So..congratulations for the wonderful utility first!

I have an issue since a couple of days, after login the application just disappears.
Trought task manager i can see it in the processes, but nothing in applications, and i have no windows, nor icon on the application bar.
Login is succesful (server on another pc says i'm logged in) but no application seems to run.

I tried a new installation, tried to change location of .mul files, no change.
Run with admin rights and compatibility with xp sp3, vista, and stuff, no way.

Win7 64, no update nor change as far as i know on the pc before issue started.

Help? ^^

Hitman

Quote from: RedHammer on April 05, 2012, 07:19:44 PM
So..congratulations for the wonderful utility first!
Thanks! :-)

Quote from: RedHammer on April 05, 2012, 07:19:44 PM
I have an issue since a couple of days, after login the application just disappears.
Trought task manager i can see it in the processes, but nothing in applications, and i have no windows, nor icon on the application bar.
Login is succesful (server on another pc says i'm logged in) but no application seems to run.

I tried a new installation, tried to change location of .mul files, no change.
Run with admin rights and compatibility with xp sp3, vista, and stuff, no way.

Win7 64, no update nor change as far as i know on the pc before issue started.

Help? ^^
Try deleting c:\Users\<YourUsername>\AppData\Local\CentrED\CentrED.xml while CentrED is not running (check the task manager please). If that doesn't help either, you could also delete the whole directory ... that shouldn't be necessary though.

Hope that helps! :-)

anch

^^ In case that doesn't work.

I had this problem a few weeks ago and it was maddening. I uninstalled, reinstalled, reinstalled UO.. what ended up working was installing an older version of CentrED. After I tried logging in with the old version, I was able to log in with the latest version.

edit: Back when this happened I read about it possibly being due to CentrED being blocked by my firewall but this was not the case.

RedHammer

1st solution worked for me, I only deleted the .xml and it run just fine.

What was that due to?
Messed up with settings/profiles?

Hitman

CentrED stores some information about the form positions (maximized yes/no, x, y, width, height). For whatever reason it might have happened, that these pointed to coordinates off the actual screen, therefore practically rendering the window "invisible".

Eskymak

I have this problem actually on linux, where i can find config files?

I found this error report in logs.

QuoteVarovĂĄnĂ? sprĂĄvce oken: Okno 0x3c00041 (UO CentrED) nastavuje pokyn MWM, kterĂ˝m nazna?uje, Ĺ?e se nedĂĄ m??nit jeho velikost, ale nastavuje min. velikost 1 Ă? 1 a max. velikost 32767 Ă? 32767; to nedĂĄvĂĄ smysl.
QuoteTranslated to english:Warning from Windows manager: Window 0x3c00041 (UO CentrED) setting MWM command whitch mean that his windows cannot change size and setting minimum windows size to 1 x 1 and max size to 32767 x 32767; and that doesnt make sense
VarovĂĄnĂ? sprĂĄvce oken: Buggy client sent a _NET_ACTIVE_WINDOW message with a timestamp of 0 for 0x3c00041 (UO CentrED)
VarovĂĄnĂ? sprĂĄvce oken: meta_window_activate called by a pager with a 0 timestamp; the pager needs to be fixed.

I hope it will help you find that annoying bug.

Im still searching fot that XML file to remove.

RedHammer

I know nothing about linux, is there a "find" tool you can use to locate the file?

That report is really weird btw o.o

Eskymak

Yes ,i used find tool but nothing :-/