News:

Huge spam cleanup. I hope, everything important is still in place. :-)

Main Menu

Hey gang.

Started by Garth, May 24, 2011, 06:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garth

Hey guys, i got this problem any ideas?

Thx guys.         
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok got the bat file booted got this: see link.

any ideas,  my file path is right, so whats wrong?

Garth

Hitman

The paths have to include the filename, not just the directory.

Garth

Thank you sir,

now i fix move or just change things say in fel moonglow on map0.mul, when i log into the game i dont see said change's, how does this step work?

also i have the program opening right to the main game files.

Thx again.

Hitman

Did you copy the map files to your client(s) too? (Game-) Client and (Game-) Server need to have the same files.

Garth

no i left the files in the host folder (game) so i need to make a copy for RunUo folder as well or for Cred folder? i'm guess "server" would be my runuo.

thank you for all the support you have given me, i look forward to understanding this program more and more.

p.s  so,   C-red folder gets a copy of map0, when i boot up C-red it ask's for file paths to the map and stuff, i would then give the file path the the C-red folder so it can write on that map0
        then i just copy the game host folder's map0 with the one from C-red's folder?     

what i did was----boot up C-red give it the path's to the host game folders mul's; then it boots up i can log in i make change's, it should be just changeing things on the map0 in the game folder. i log into the game, i didnt see any change's,

as you can see i need a bit of a walk thur i hope i am starting to understand how this works, maybe others will read about this and being to shed more light as well for them.

thank you.

Hitman

In your initial post you specified the data paths as "C:\Users\...\data1\...". CentrED changes these files, right there. So you have to make sure, that RunUO has a copy of these files, and that your UO Client has a copy of these files. (And also each player that connects to your shard.)