News:

Huge spam cleanup. I hope, everything important is still in place. :-)

Main Menu

Range check error

Started by sedin, August 13, 2007, 03:57:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sedin

I get this error at the server with the latest release.
The server is running on a Windows 2003 Server.

Quote[13.08.2007 03:51:26] Initializing ... An unhandled exception occurred at $00420
22A :
ERangeError : Range check error
  $0042022A
  $0042B841
  $0042B60A
  $0041F213
  $0040180D

Running the server on my local computer i get no error.
(But there's no radar map - the screen stays completly black)

Regards

sedin

Hitman

Did you follow the upgrade notes? You need radarcol.mul and the corresponding entry in your cedserver.ini
Although I have to admit, that I didn't test what happens if that is missing .... but still: it shouldn't be missing :)

Edit: ok if it was missing there would ofcourse be a "file not found" error .... but I still guess it has to do with the radarcol.mul
Maybe the file is too small ... it should be around 131072byte. The server just assumes the file has all necessary entries to build the radar map. So if it is indeed too small, that would explain your error, as the server tried to read something that isn't there (or beyond it's size).

Edit2: Apparently some other users have the same problem with the black radar map. It seems to be a client side issue, probably OS/Hardware dependent. I will investigate this further and release a bug fix.

Edit3: The bug is fixed now. It only occurred on the first startup, when the radarmap.cache was not existent.

sedin

It seems an incorrect tiledata.mul produced the error - Now everything, also the radar map, seems to work.

There's something i noticed from the beginning: the static item entrys have erroneous names.

But i don't know if my tiledata is also responsible for that.

Hitman

I would say it's a problem with the tiledata, as I can't reproduce this problem. But I'll recheck the tiledata reading code, just to be sure ;)