News:

Huge spam cleanup. I hope, everything important is still in place. :-)

Main Menu

some more features

Started by wuffel, August 04, 2007, 08:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wuffel

hi there!

here are a list of features they were useful for the daily mapping ;)

- a shorter way to set the Z-lvl of statics and map (elevate...)
- shortcut-keys to get important functions by keypress
- the possibility to hold more than one random-list, with a save, import and export function, so you can create a random-grass, random-rock.. and so on..
- boundaries can only change by push or pull the little nose ^^ - two fields for the min and max-value can be useful

its still a very nice work.. i'm waiting for 5 years to get such a tool!

Hitman

Quote from: "wuffel"- a shorter way to set the Z-lvl of statics and map (elevate...)
What do you have in mind there? Currently the elevate-tool can raise, lower and set the z-value.

Quote from: "wuffel"- shortcut-keys to get important functions by keypress
I will add the F1 to F7 keys to access the tools.

Quote from: "wuffel"- the possibility to hold more than one random-list, with a save, import and export function, so you can create a random-grass, random-rock.. and so on..
Some kind of preset-random-list should be possible. I will see how to best implement it and you will probably find it in the next version.

Quote from: "wuffel"- boundaries can only change by push or pull the little nose ^^ - two fields for the min and max-value can be useful
Right, a nice little field where you can enter the boundaries as numbers would be helpfull. Consider it done :)

Thanks for these good ideas. They will find their way into version 0.3.

wuffel

Yeah, you can set, raise and lower the z-level of the items. or you can force the z-level at the draw-tile-tool.
but i think it would be nice to have a field out of this function.. for example the following separation (is sicher das falsche wort für "aufteilung *g*).

the goto-function went to the top of your program.
if you now chose the draw-tile-function, you can set the Z-level at the bottom (instead of the goto-function, which is still at the top), also a little button for "force Z-level".
if you chose the elevate-function, you can set the Z-Level at the bottom, also with little radon-buttons for "set", "lower" and "raise". so you havent got the way to pull the mouse on the buttons at top, click, and then you can choose the high or whatever. the way with z-function at the bottom will be much faster, cause you can edit all directly.